Saturday, March 5, 2011

Finally I found the clip !! [CDTV 04.13.2002], Aiba just sat on the chair, not dancing with the others...

salam...
hai, minna!!
Like I said, I found the video!!
Finally...after some time searching + giving up + searching it again...,
finally I found it !!

It's been a while since I'd post...
so, today!
screencaps time !!!
and of course, from the clip I'm talking about..

but, before that..
this is some information regarding Aiba's illness...

According to the Japanese wiki, Aiba was hospitalized on 3/25/02 for the collapsed lung and was hospitalized for 4 days.
The moment he started complaining about his chest hurting in the All or Nothing DVD playing the saxophone is the moment his lung collapsed. Matsujun says that that evening, Aiba decided to go to hospital because his lung was hurting so much. There he was diagnosed with pneumothorax, and had an operation and was hospitalized.
He talks about the scar from this operation in his letter to Arashi members in 2004 24hr tv.

credit to : http://community.livejournal.com/arashi_on/1378341.html

and the words from Aiba himself about his illness :

It was about two years after Arashi's debut that I fell in love with the saxophone. I really was captivated by it at that time, thinking only about sax-related things, and always playing the saxophone. I never thought that the sax would already become that important to me.

That's why the period of time when I fell ill afterwards was the toughest and most unbearable. [T/N: In March of 2002, Aiba got pneumothorax and was admitted to the hospital for surgery.] Actually, ever since I was a child my body has never been really great, and sicknesses aren't really a stranger to me either. I often went to the hospital to get treated when I was small, and practically became friends with the doctors there. But I never stayed overnight in the hospital before, and (when I got pneumothorax) it was the first time I ever stayed the night, so it was very scary.

I originally wanted to do a live sax performance in Arashi's video [T/N: In June of 2002, Arashi released ALL OR NOTHING, in which members chose things they wanted to challenge and 'level up' on; it's also sort of like a half-documentary video], so I practised nonstop. While I was practising that day I thought, "It really hurts for some reason", then even simply walking was painful too. I really had no forewarnings of any kind, and it gave me a severe shock. Then I underwent surgery, and stayed in the hospital for five days.

My parents were very worried, but it was worth it too. I thought about a lot of things during the period of time while I was staying in the hospital. It coincided right with the promotion period for "Nice na Kokoroiki", so I was unable to do the promotion work too. I really thought I would be kicked out of Arashi. That's why during my hospital stay, to be able to participate in a single live performance, I was very very happy. I was still in a lot of pain because I had just undergone surgery, but it was much better than not showing up at all. All the trouble that I've brought to the other members and the surrounding people was the most painful of all.

I listened to songs by Blue Hearts the entire time that I was at the hospital. Their lyrics are all positive, they were really great. If I listen to Blue Hearts now, I would think of my frame of mind at that time, and even think of the atmosphere in the hospital room. My impressions of that time is really too vivid, sometimes I would even be unable to continue listening to the songs.

I had really wanted to play the saxophone ever since high school. I saw Takeda Shinji playing the sax, and then ran off to the music room at school. But the sax was under lock and key, so I couldn't take it out. (Playing the) sax is very cool, and it's also very profound. When you press down with your fingers at the same time, if the way you blow is different, the sound that you produce is different as well. I had a great time practising.

Because of the sickness, I was unable to do my live sax performance, and at that time I really didn't want to accept it. I had already invited musicians to it, and arranged an area for filming, and I had practised like hell for the performance too. I told the staff, "Just once, please let me play", I begged them many many times, but I still couldn't get permission, and could only give up. In the (ALL OR NOTHING) video, only my part was pure interview.

Now that I think about it, those five days were very precious. They allowed me to draw back and look upon Arashi at a distance. Before that, I already knew I really liked this occupation, and I really cherish it, but it was only at that time that I realized, "I actually like it this much". The scar that was left behind from the surgery remains on my chest to this day, and when I see it every day I would think of my frame of mind at that time, and tell myself, "You have to work hard". (To be able to have that kind of experience) really is a great thing, and I'm unable to forget my feelings at that time too.

Even if I become addicted to the saxophone, I also need to know when enough's enough. This doesn't mean I have to go and hate it, but to stop with a "rou~!" [T/N: I think he's imitating the sound that you make with a saxophone, but I'm not sure...], because it would be bad if you (get too addicted and) give others trouble. I think that's what would really count as having grown up.

credit to : http://say-it-again.livejournal.com/29571.html


Somehow, this time, I had some difficulties doing this..
huhu..
T_T...

- These boys are the 'the other' Arashi.. LOL! -

- Before the performance ended, they helped Aiba so that the chair would face the camera -

- Eventhough it was not long after he got out from the hospital, he still showed his earnest -

- He was happy because he still can performed with the members.. -

- You can see his desire to join and dance together...but he could not -

- Forever ARASHI ! -

- Ganbare, Masaki !! -


-These are the caps that I manages to cap ! -

I'm planning to put the video here...
put when you 'work' together with YT,
sorry, NO HOPE !!

maybe until then..
I'll.....type later!
Ijyou...

sayonara..bye2!!

*just read everything from 'Aiba Masaki's word...it is SO sad!*
*.....I'm sooo sad !!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment